Monday, August 1, 2011

in Uruguay at last!

¡Hola!
 
Here in Uruguay at last! It is so beautiful, clean, relaxed, and humble. I love it! Sorry, I dont have much time to write this week, but I will put down what I can. My trainer is Elder Aleman from Huston TX, he is completely fluent in español, and has only been out in the mission for 4 monthes, so we are learning together. He is awesome. Uruguay is beautiful. I am in a little city called Rocha about 3 hours outside of Montevideo. It is just a small little city that has the perfect balance of city and country. I feel like im in Italy but 50 years ago. My appartment is... very humble. but i like it because the view is way pretty. Ill try to sent a pic from the view sometime. The branch is small. The language is somewhere beetween portuguesa y español, pero i can pretty much pick everything up and say alot. We have a few good investigators. Beatrice is the best and is getting baptized this saturday. It is so cool to see the atonement change her life in only the few days that I have been here. I love my mission. and so do my feet. Our area is massive (about an hour and a half to walk a cross the whole thing) and Ive3 already lost a few pounds. food is good... when we get it. It is freezing all the time, and everything is semi moist. Somehow every building is way colder than outside, and i cant remember a moment that I havent been abel to see my breth. especially in my apartment where the water freezes. But better cold than hot! I will enjoy the cold while it lasts. Love it!
 
Sorry I cant write more, but details will come.
 
I love the mission and the church is true.
 
Later,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment