Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What a crazy week I had!


 What a crazy week i had!

First of all, on friday I had my first Zone Conference with 3 other zones, it was really really good, and the fun part of it was that President Da Silva for some reason chose me to teach a 10 minuite part of it in front of all the missionaries. It went well though. President and Hermana Da Silva are such good presidents, and I have so much respect for them. Oh, then on sunday I was given the chance to give a suprise 20 minuite talk in front of about 200 members at the District Conference (like a stake conference for branches), and it went really well too, even though I was scared out of my pants! But it felt good to be able to be helped by the sprit to talk for 20 min straight in spanish. It was a really cool experience.

But the week in general was really interesting. At the beginning of the week it was really really hard. Almost all of our good investigators that had baptismal dates we had to put off because of problems with the commandments - the biggest problem in Uruguay is called´´pareja´´which is that no one gets married because... well just because. It was really hard for me and my companion, and especially a really big test of our faith. It was like this almost all week, and we were not finding any new people to teach, but we just decided that instead of giving up we would just keep on pushing and pushing and pushing. But still nothing was happening.. till yesterday, after church we went out to work and all of the blessings came. We are literally seeing miricles. In those 4 hours after church we found 3 new beautiful ´golden´ families, and 4 other people to baptize. It was a miricle. yesterday I learned what the lord really means in 3 NE 22 7-11 (i think thats where..) and why he ´hides his face´ for a moment. it is in these moments that we must really build our faith, and we really do come out way stronger, and develop our faith. the lord pours out blessings. this is my testimony this week.

time up! till next week! I love the mission.

Thanks for your prayres!

Elder Wilson


the sun really knows how to rise here!! it is always sooo beautiful. for some reason way better than in the USA


No comments:

Post a Comment