Monday, January 16, 2012

letter home


So, this week was a really good week for us. First of all and most important, Biatrice Domingues got baptized! She is awesome. SHe was investigating the church for a really long time a while back, but had problems with the whole marriage thing, so stopped getting baptized. But this time when we found her, she was super awesome. She is a woman of 65years. She left her husband of 40 years in order to live the law of Chastity and be able to get baptized (not that we consider ourselves family-breakers, but that was her choice). And also she lives 6Kilometers away from the church, but every single sunday walks the 12 kilometers to be able to attend church and take the sacrament. She is one of the most awesome converts I have had in the mission, and now is super excited to share the gospel with the whole world. So more of her friends coming I am sure.
 
Being District Leader is really fun. Last week I did my first baptismal interview, and it went really good. I interviewed a lady a little bit simmilar to Biatrice. In the interview it was really awesome to feel the spirit of ... well i dont really know what to call it... judgement? insight? Discernment? I dunno, but it was really cool. Also it is fun to teach the District meetings. I taught my first district meeting on how missionaries should work with the members, especially the ward leaders and bishop. It was good.
 
We really are progressing the work here in aeroparque in the sence of unity between the leaders of the ward and the missionaries. I really love the members that live here, and I hope I never have to leave.
 
My ORO elder whiting is doing good, he is progressing a lot in his abbility to teach and just be a missionary, But poor guy still has a hard time with his confidance in spanish. But he speaks better than he thinks he does.
 
Pday over, gotta go.
 
I love everyone. Bye!
 
Elder Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment