Tuesday, January 24, 2012

weekly letter



So first things first, this week we had the baptisms of Mikiela (8) and Magela (13) gutieres. They are friends of Biatrice that got baptized. Well, their mom Lilian Gutierres was an inactive member who through these two baptisms is now activated. They are super awesome, they make the 12 kilometer journey to the church and back every week with their mom and biatrice. in the boiling hot like last week, and in the pouring rain like yesterday.

Also, we are making some real progress with the members of the ward. When I first got in this area, the missionarys had averedged only like 4 lessons with member for week, but now we have 16plus lesons with the members. I really love the members here. We are really seeing the fruits of our labors with the members too. we are having lots of really good baptisms for the ward, and the ward is really getting more and more animated.... im pretty sure that animated isnt a word in spanish...

So, last night I got woken up by a famine (?) sized cricket that decided to sing a nice song right next to me on my pillow! that really freaked me out, i mean it was about the size of my leg, and really scary looking and loud. We also have pineapple sized toads that sneak into our house at night that we have to kick out every morning, oh,and we always find dead turanchulas in the house, but I ve still never seen a liveone. 

Well, i would love to send you nice pictures of all this, but there is not a computer in our area that has the picture-uploading feature, so sorry about that. 

Well gotta go! pray for me. Bye!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment