Monday, June 11, 2012

weekly email

First things first, We had the baptisms of Pamela (19) and Coti (11) Barloco! They are part of a family of 5 that about 2 years ago were investigationg the chruch for about an entire year, but in the end never got baptized. The priblem was that the parents are not married, and its complicated because the spouse of the mom got married years ago in the USA, so he has to get a divorce there in order to get married, which is really complex and expensive... especially because he was illegal in the US when he got married. But we have faith that things will work out so that they can be able to get married and be able to got baptized. 

It was a really special baptismal service because a lot of members showed up, and especially a lot of non members. I love baptismal services because the spirit is ALWAYS present. In the baptismal service I love to just sit back, relax, and see all of the hard work and sacrifice pay off. I know that the reason that I am here on the mission is to baptize. I love being here, and I really am enjoying my time. 

today is Pday, and it was a really fun pday. In the morning we played soccer (like every single pday) and then went to a members house and had an Asado! (Barbeque) It was super delicious, and really fun to spend time with some other Elders, and with the familly. I really love the people here in uruguay. they are super fun to be around, and really funny... Its hard to describe, but I'll act it out to all of you after the misson :)

Anyways, thank you all for your support, and pray that we can find new investigators!! thats what we are in the search for. 

I love you all
Elder Wilson. 

ps I'll send pictures next week. my computer is not letting me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment