Monday, February 13, 2012

commitments vs. commandments


a picture of those giant famine-crickets that love to spend time with us in the house.

A picture I took from the bus. The Uruguayan coast and a little resort-island offshore. The people get a little offended when we tell them that we cant go to the beach... they take it a little personally.



A picture that we took after a zone conference. There are a lot of really good missionaries in my zone and district. The zone that am in has the Mission offices, the assistants, and everything. A few areas in my zone are pretty urban, going into Montevideo. 



This week we saw a ton of awesome miracles. We have been prayrfully been going through the Area Book (the binder that has all the old teaching records of everyone) looking for people to get baptized. And it has been really awesome to be able to see the Lord guide us towards the people who are ready to recieve the baptism invitation and a baptismal date. The lord literally kind of takes the people who are ready and throughs them into our pathway. 

Also, we have been working super hard in order to meet our daily, weekly,and monthly goals that we have set and commited to. I have learded that when you set a goal before the Lord, It becomes a commandment. For example, when the people of ammon set their own goal to never take up arms again, and commited it before the Lord, they were more willing to die than to break the goal that they had set. So, really, when me and my companion commit before the lord that we will find 2 new investigators today, it becomes a commandment before the lord. And since the lord always provides the way so that we can complete the commandments, he will provide the miricles. We will find 2 news today when p-day ends... so that system will really help us out throughout the duration of my mission and my whole life. 

Well, I am really loving the mission. I cant believe that time is flying by so fast, just a couple days ago I was saying how i cant beleive that i am already 1/4 done, but new im 1/3 done!! ahh. I still feel like my companion, just arriving. 

Well, gotta go baptize!

Pray for the investigators in AeroParque!

Chau.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment