Monday, February 20, 2012

weekly letter

Whew! I feel great. This morning I went running for the first time in 9 monthes, and I was suprised because I didnt have a heart attack! So thats good news. It was actually a pretty cool experience because it was doing a sort of Monsoon storm. A TON of lightning and it was raining buckets. We got completely soaked through. And also the lovely dogs that followed us trying to eat a little bit of our heels kept us motivated to keep the pace up. It felt good, and we set the goal to run three times a week. 

Last night they announced the changes (transfers) and I was really scared that I was going to leave Areoparque, but my prayrs were answered and I get to stay at least one change more!!! Im super excited to be able to stay because there is so many miricles that are passing here in the area, and we have lots of great people to baptize. Also, it will be a cool experience to spend 6 monthes (1/4 if the mission) in one area, to really get to know the people, members, non-members... I mean I've literally knocked EVERY SINGLE HOUSE in the area like 2 times. I love it. 

My ORO Elder Whiting is doing good. I love him so much. But he is still really struggling with the language, so keep on praying for him when you can. We work good and hard together though. 

I am excited because some relly cool Elders that I was district leader of back in the MTC are coming to my district now, so it will be fun to be district leader with them for the second time!

The most important thing is that we are really focusing on baptism. baptism.` baptism. My purpose for being here in the mission is to baptize. I love working on that and seeing the way that the lord blesses us so that we can be able to reach the goal. For example, all the time that I have been here we have been working super hard on geting the members to really take over the missionary work here in Areoparque.. I mean the missionary work really belongs to the members and not the misisoaries. And this week we really saw some awesome fruits of our labors. The members practically handed over to us 4 awesome people to teach and baptize, and all of them already have baptismal dates (which we always try to put in the first lessons). so thats really good. I thing that sometimes its easy for the missionaries to feel like they are working against the members, but really its impossible to do the misionarry work with out them. so, all you members who read this letter!! DO IT: baptize your friends and family if you love them. 

Oh and also the new presidants of the misson have been anounced. Presidant Armstrong of the USA. who comes the 1st of July. 

I love the misson! I hope it never ends. 

Dont stop writing me! :)

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment