Monday, March 5, 2012

tarantulas and one of the happiest moments yet

one of the hand sized taranchulas that like to spend the night with us in our house

Cristina dressed in white. Baptized by Matías (Im still going strong on my comitment to never get my white pants wet)




First things first, Cristina Gonzales se bautizó! She got baptized! after 6 months of investigating she finally overcame the opposition and made it into the water. I am so excited for her. But let me tell you what happened with her. Yesterday we went early to the church and filled the font up... with a lot of faith, planning to do the baptism after the meetings. Then, we waited. First hour of church, no cristina. Second hour of church, no cristina, lots of prayer. Sacrament meeting, no cristina. So we were a little sad, but still with hope. Then about half an hour after after church we were helping a legless investigator get into a taxi, and around the corner along came cristina to get baptized! That was one of the happiest moments of my life when I saw her round that corner at a jog in order to get baptized. She is by far one of he most awesome conversion storyies I have ever had, overcoming so much opposition. She is going to be the most awesome member that there is. 

Also, my companion is really starting to take control of the language. I've been giving him a bit of the silent treatment in lessons so that he has to talk more, and he has really gained a lot in confidence. He is the best companion that there is.

Also, im getting pretty thin, I think that the sun steams out all of the extra weight that there is. 

I am love Areoparque so much, and we are working so hard to get a ton of baptisms here in order to complete with our missionary purpose and bring people to christ. The members here are so awesome, and I love being able to see my converts here go to the temple and really change their lives, that is the best part of the mission. 

This week I have really been focusing in my district about the importance of the book of mormon, it really is the key to a lasting conversion in the mission. I love being able to study each day from its pages and learn how to live my life. 

Pray for my investigators! 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment