Thursday, August 23, 2012

a transfer

I am changing areas! After 4 and a half months here in Las Piedras I have to leave... I am going to Maroñas. Its a zone in the northern part of Montevideo. Its a pretty dangerous part of the mission.. but it cant be worse than Areoparque, my last area. I am really excited because my companion Elder Looney I knew in BYU and the MTC and I was his zone leader for 2 changes, so I already know  him pretty well. he is a really good missionary. 

Also I feel really sad to be leaving the zone and area. I feel like I worked hard, and saw the fruits. The lord wanted to send me off well because this sunday all of my converts were in the sacrament meeting, and one of them recieved the Milquesedic priesthood. I have really loved this ward so much, and feel content leaving it well established for the Elder that comes to take my place. I know that in a couple weeks I will be able to look at the list of poeple that got baptized in the mission and see the names of the families that I have been teaching and helping to get married and baptized. 

Also, this week we went in to montevideo to have the Zone leader conference with the president. It was really good, and I have a testimoiny even stronger that president armstrong and his family have been called to guide this misson. Whereas the focus in the misson with Pre. DaSilva was to increase the number of converts in the mission, the focus of Pte Armstrong is to help these converts get into the temple. I love the scripture in John 16 (I think... ) when Jesus commisions his apostles to convert and to help that that ´fruit´does not perish. My favorite thing about the mission is seeing my converts progress in the church and become super mormon. 

Anyways... thank you all for your prayres and everything. 

elder wilson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment