Thursday, August 23, 2012

Elder Wilson's new area

... sewing on bottons. ..

Andres and Roxana. the family that is about to get married and baptized. From Las Piedras. It was hard to say goodbye to theim after such a long time of teaching them and helping them to progress. 

A picture of Larry and Pacha.. 2 cimarrons (an awesome breed of dogs that doesnt exist in the US), they are only 2 monthes old and are already huge. Cimarrons have a coat color like a tiger-chocolate ice-cream sunday mix. I put the name pacha, which is the incan language. 

Here I am in Belloni MaroƱas!. it is different than any area that I have had before. Its urban Montevideo, and the ghetto side. I love it a ton, there are soooo many people that live in the area, so there is no problem in finding investigators. It is a pretty dangerous area, so president has always put the bigger elders here so that we can fend for ourselves. But its nice, because the people respect us... we are freinds with everyone, and if someone tries to mess with us, there are always other robbers homeless people on our side that stop the bad ones from doing anything. I honestly dont even feel unsafe in any way. 

the ward is the most established that I have served in in my whole misson. Tere was an attendence of about 85 people last sunday, so I am excited to be able to work with all of the members here. we live in a house of 4, so thats fun too... but it also means that you have to be sure not to get distracted by the other missionaries. the zone has no sister missionaries.

I am really greatful for the power of personal revelation. coming to this new zone, me and my companion have felt a lot of interesting impressions about how we should work in the zone. I know that if this type of revelation did not exist, nobody would ever get converted. It is the Holy Ghost that converts and teaches the people... luckily because that means that I dont have to worry about being inadicuate in my skills. As I learn more and more about the way to teach a lesson without having to teach, I have learned to become a more powerful misionary. The best lessons are the ones that you hardly talk at all. 

well, anyways, I am dong great and loving the mission (which is passing by SUPER quick). Thanks for all you prayres and support. 

Elder Wilson

PS, there is a mail stop in Uruguay, they are all on a boycott, so nothing is entering here. So I promise that I will respond letters as soon as I get them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment