Saturday, May 18, 2013

last letter home!

So, I can not believe that I have finally come to my last week writing home. The last two years have passed like a dream. But it has been the best dream Ive ever had :) The other day I sat down and tried to write up all of the blessings I have recieved in my time here in the mission, and as the list got longer and longer I was fill filled with a huge sense of gratitude and amazement of just how much the Lord had taken me and formed me in order to do this huge work. I have learned that going on a mission should never be motivated as a sort of 'personal investment', i mean that you go just thinking about what you can gain, like a stronger testimony, or gain life skills, or whatever, the motivation for going on a mission should be simply  to serve the lord and bring souls unto christ. But, as I have worked hard to do that, the lord has taken me and 'qualified me for the work'. It is this qualification process that makes the Mission the best personal investment that exists. 

Today I am going to go around with my companion and visit some of my converts, and I am so excited to see these people that I love so much. When I am on the airplane taking off from Uruguay, I am going to be able to see a few of the areas that I worked in, and will be able to look down on the country that I love so much and say a little prayer in my heart that the Lord blesses them. i didnt cry when I left home and came on the mission, but I sure will when i leave the mission. 

I love the Lord, and I have learned to be a deciple of christ. I know that Repentance and Covenants brings forgivness of sin, and salvation. I love teaching the Gospel. It is my favorite passtime, and I think that it will be the thinig that I miss most after the mission - sitting down with a 'lost sheep' and teach  the path to happiness, then seeing the light of the gospel enter into their lives. You can see the light first in their eyes, then their whole face, then it spreads to their house and family members.Teaching is a guarenteed chanal to revelation, and I will miss it a lot.

I have had a perfect mission - perfect companions, areas, presidents.. everything. My mission means everything to me, and I hope that it never ends. 

Thanks for all your support, and we will see each other soon! 

I know that about 200 years ago Joseph Smith saw our heavanly father and his 'beloved son', and opened up the doors of heavan again. i know that the atonement of Jesus is a real power. After seeing it work in the lives of others - and especially my own life, how could I not believe it? He loves me so much that he has showed me all of my faults. That might be one of the greatest things that I have learned on my mission. But he has lovingly helped me start to patch them up.

I love Uruguay, and hope to be back ASAP!

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment