Saturday, July 23, 2011

Handwritten letter from Covey

7/4/2011
Family!

Happy 4th of July! Yay America! I wish the people down here liked America too, I've lost a couple good contacts because they figure out I am a Nortamericano. People down here don't like Obama very much. But my English Comp he's got it even worse! People in Argentina  are still way upset about the Falkland War, and at least a couple of times a day we get a good yelling at for starting the Falkland War. It's kind of funny actually.

I think that you guys are up in Hebgen right now, and I sure hope that everybody is having a blast, and it's working out good with like 1,000 people staying in the Ranch. But it's impossible to not have a blast up there I think. I just barely heard the news about Dave's hand! That is so terrible, and I wish there was something I could do to help. But I pray for him and hope everything is healing up good.

I am doing great though. The Spanish is coming along great, and I am still enjoying the CCM. But every week I get more and more excited to leave and get out into the field. Not because I get tired of CCM life, but because I get more and more excited to do full-time proselyting. I always look forward so much to Saturdays when I get to go out and work and teach. I can't believe that I am already 2/3 of the way through my CCM time. The weeks seriously fly be so quickly.

One thing that for some reason I have been thinking about a lot this week is Doctrina y Convenios 84:88. The verse is directed towards missionaries, but it really applies to anyone who is in the service of God. Among all of the amazing things that this verse promises, is that God will "send his angels to bear you up." I love this promise. We are never alone. There are countless angels, people who have died before us and people who are waiting to come into this world who are banking on our every decision. I especially feel lucky because although the other elders have their moms who send them nice letters and candy every week, I get to have my mom by my side every minute of every day. It's great.

Anyways, that's just a thought I've had on my mind this week. Hope everything is going well! I miss everyone and wish I could be with you to have fun with you. But I'm glad you understand why I am here around the world instead. I love being a missionary, and am so lucky to be able to have the ability to preach while I am still in the CCM.

Love you all,

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment