Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekly letter


¡Hola mis amigos en los Estadios Unidos!

I feel like I was just writing last weeks email home just yesterday! thats how fast time seems to go here. Sorry if my english is bad, but its weird how hard it is to write in english now! i havnt said a single word in english for a week and a half!! The spanish is going great, and im starting to feel comfortable in my prosilitismos talking to people, and mostly just understanding what they are trying to say!

I just experienced the most frightning experience ive had yet a couple minuits ago. I got my first hair cut, and the guy who the church hires to cut hair is way scarey! he has got arms about the size of my legs, and a massive beard and wears just this little tank top. But i summoned up all my courege and sat mysielf down in the chair. It ended up being more of a hair pull than a hair cut, and im bleeding down my neck for some reason, but if thats the price ive got to pay to maintain up my beautiful missionary comb over, than the pain is way worth it!

We all got new areas for our prosilitismos this week, and my new area is good, but i liked my old one way more. The difference is that my new one is way nicer and has more money. This is nice because im not walking in mud all day, but for the missionary work, its not as nice. There is a poliece stand on every singe corner, and the poliece just glare at us, so it is a little scarey. Oh, one cool thing is that in my area I have the historical house that Eva Paron used to live in! Man, argentine people have a lot of pride!! But its just hard cus its hard to get good contacts. in my old area the streets were full of people going about their busness and just enjoying their day, so we could talk to so many people, but in my new area we spend most of our time just fighting to talk to people! Its kind of a frustrating adjustment, but the hard work paid off and we got some good return appointments for next week. We found this one inactive woman who says she is wanting to get reinvolved in the church (YESSSS), so we are going back to her house again next week to work with her.. but were struggling to think of what to teach her about... what do you teach an inactive member anyways? We will fugure it out. and the best part is that she has a 9 year old unbaptized son (YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!) that we are going to try soo hard to get him baptized! she says she wants him to, but only as long as he wants to. it will be a challange to teach clear enough for him to understand everything we are saying, i mean sometimes even adults struggle understanding us. 

Also we have an appointment with a probably upper 20´s year old girl named sol who is an active christian, but is not happy with her church´s teachings completely, so we will teach her. She happens to be fluent in english, but we decided to teach the whole lesson in spanish, just cus we have gotten pretty good at bringing the spirit in spanish, and we have noticed that we have a harder time bringing it in speaking in english. i think that the difference maybe is because when im speaking in spanish i think about every word so its more sincere. 

In one day of prosilitismos i get more kisses than my whole life put together! but dont worry, they are all from old catholic grandmas who want to give us their blessings. Despite how hard we try to resist, they are pretty good at sneaking in. my comp had a cute dard red kiss mark on his cheek for a few minuites untill i noticed it and warned him... i wonder what some of the people we contacted thought about it.. 

But, I am having such an amazing time, and am working so hard and progressing so much in my spanish and my understanding of what it means to teach. 

Thank you for all your prayers!

Till next time, 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment