Monday, October 17, 2011

Covey baptizes Grisel, gets bitten by a dog (twice) and gets transferred to the most dangerous area of the mission


Grisel´s baptism. this is her and her husband Emilio. We hoped that they would get baptized together, but he still isnt ready to accept the commitment, but we keep on working really hard with him to get him to humble up a little and get baptized.

The sun really knows how to rise here. Sorry all I seem to send home is pictures of the sun rising and setting, but the problem is that dont take my camera out of the apartment ever, so I never am able to take any good pictures of the mission life.   But thats ok because the sun is really beautiful.


So, last night change calls came, and I am leaving Rocha tomorrow. It is really sad for me to leave this city that has been my home, my work, my everthing for the last three months. I love this little city so much, it is so beautiful, the country is so beautiful, and I know almost every single person. I and I really was hoping that I could stay for at least another 6 weeks. Especially it is sad because 3 of my investigators that we have been working with for such a long long time and have progressed so much are going to get baptized this saturday, and I will not be able to be there to see them. But its ok, all that matters is that they are getting baptized. And I am really excited to go somewhere fresh. My new area is called Aerio Parque, in Montevideo, and all that I have heard is that it is the most dangerous area in the mission. I am really excited to go work there.
 
But this week was really good, lots of our invesigators progressed a ton, and we found 2 awesome families. The weeks go by so quick! One thing that I really focused on this week was the power of testimony. In 2 aspects: realizing how strong my testimony is and how much power it has, and second, sharing it. It is like president holland pointed out in his talk in priesthood session: satan tried soo hard to bind our tounges so that we do not bear our testimonies to others. I love being able to bear testimony to the people in contacts about the divinity of Jesucristo to all the people that I can. That is one of the greatest blessings that misionaries have, to be able to bear testimony. I hope that all of the members of the church have courage to bear their testimonies. Also, i have  been taking Elder Scotts advice and memorizing one scripture per day. Now, I have 24 new friends, or memorized scriptures. Like elder scott said: scripture is pure truith, and I love reciting scripture in lessions and contacts. the scriptures have so much power.
 
Ther have been some people asking me why I dont like dogs anymore. I love the sinner but I hate the sin. the concept of the DOG is really good, but the dogs down in this side of the world are pretty wicked. I got bit pretty bad  this week twice. thats why i dont like dogs.
 
Also, thank you all for your letters, Missionaries love getting letters, and i am no exception. And i promise that i will write back to every single letter. But It would be nice if you sent a stamp inside the lettter so that I can send you a letter back, or else I have no way of sending it.
 
Thanks
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment