Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Covey's new area!

a family that got baptized yesterday that I taught, but didnt get to see the baptism.

in the house of a recent convert

a pic of my new house with my companion in front (elder banegas)



New area! Aerio parque is awesome! Remember how i said that Rocha was like a little european city? Well my new area is nothing like rocha. areoparque is 100% latino! the houses, the music, the food, the cucurachas, the people, is all really latin american. It is about 35 kilometres outside of Montevideo, and is pretty campo (I cant remember what that word is in english). I am serving in a ward here, which is nice because there is lots of leadership and priesthood members. Unfortunately the elders before us were a little bit un-productive, and did not have much sucess baptizing, and kind of lost the confidence of the members. But we are working reallly hard to turn this area into a really productive area. Already we have made lots of progress with this and the leaders and members are starting to participate in the work and trust in us.

My new companion is Elder Banegas de Honduras. He had a year on the mission, and I am really excited to work with him. He is way humble and has a really strong testimony, and is willing to work hard. We are going to have lots of sucess here. estoy seguro. Its really fun to have a latino companion.

The people here talk really really different than the rest of the spanish speaking world. The people are way nice and humble, and the weird thing is that missionaries have been here forever, so everyone knows who we are and has at one point talked to us.

The area is way big in space, but just mostly consists of small little neighborhoods, so we spend a lot of time on busses going back and forth everywhere.

I know that I am going to learn a whole lot here about how to be a missionary. I love the misson and am ready to accept the challenge of a new area.

plus the dogs are nice here. nicer... well i think so anyways.

Thanks for your prayres, pray for my investigators.
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment