Monday, October 31, 2011

a funny story and a brand new clothes washer

Happy haloween! I think its a great pagan holiday, and I feel especially glad to not be a Jehovahs whitness today, they are generally unhappy on "holidays". I decided to dress up like a missonary today. And i will trick or treat a few houses after pday ends.. we "trick or treat" every day as missionaries.

This week has been great. me and elder banegas work together really well and we are having a lot of sucess. we expect lots of baptisms this change... um i think they are called transfers up in the US. With elder banegas my spanish is getting a lot better, because we are not tempted to talk in english. 

My area is really good, but it is really hard. we lose lots of time on the busses traveling  back and forth, and we are can only be in certian areas when it gets dark. it really just consists of a bunch of small little towns. I doubt that it even appears on the maps. But we do have the airport in our area, and it is really weird to always have plains flying by overhead. I went 3 monthes with out seeing a single plane, and now i see them every couple minuits. oh, but one really cool thing about my area is that the compound where the national selection Uruguay team practices in in my area, which is really awesome. Ill try and get a pickure one day. 

But the people here are really awesome, and I love being here. On my mission I learn so much every day, and I can really feel my life changing along side of my invistigators. My mission means everytihing to me, and sorry all you guys up north, but you are all seeming to be more and more of a dream to me. 

Oh! and a miricle happened on saturday, we were studying together, and guess who came-a-clapping on our door. Presidente y Hermana DaSilva! The miricle is that they brought with them a brand new clothes washer! I have been doing my laundry by hand every day for the past 5 monthes, and it feels sooo nice to relax and listen to the machine do it for you. I really do love my president. They are really good, strict but very nice. President daSinlva is a ameritest (cant remember how to spell that one) member of the quarum of the 70, and is a really good president. And this is the best mission on the face of the planet. 

funny story. We had a person who was having a hard time keeping the commandments, so we decided to read the good ole classic 1 NE 3:7 to try and modivate her and get her to accept a baptismal fecha. But she opened up to 3NE 3:7 and read that one instead... a little hard to explain that verse, but it worked and she accepted the challange and has a baptismal fecha hahahah the lord works in way myserious ways sometimes. 

Anyways, I hope everything is good, thanks for all your prayers, and pray for my investigators more than me... well both if you can. 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment