Tuesday, October 4, 2011

general conference week


What an awesome week the entire curch had with General Conference and some awesome new temples announced!
 
Bur first, Ive been thinking that I need to up the quality of my emails home. The problem is that I am working like a maniac all day-every day of the week, having more than 1000 cool experiences every day, without even thinking about what I am going to put into my little emails home on monday. Then before I know it, I am sitting here in front of the computer trying to write out some semi-ledgible summary of my week. Its really hard, so I am sorry if my emails in the past have been really kind of unorganized.
 
Here is one of the really cool experiences I had this week: We were, like always, walking out on some dirt road in the middle of nowhere Uruguay. And up walks one of our old investigators, sipping down some mate, like always, that we had to drop about two monthes ago because of some problems with the commandments. We expected to just say hi, but when he came up to us, he announced: "OK mormons, I made up my mind. I am going to get baptized in your church, and nothing will stop me this time. Its true what you said that wickedness is not happiness." It was so awesome! The coolest part, is that we, the missionaries, did not do a single thing. His decision came through his agencey, and especially because the Spirit had been working on him in ways that we could not see. I learned that day that we as missionaries really cannot see the fruits of our works in any way, and that the Lord has a plan for everybody. This was a really great experience  for me, and really increased my testimony.
 
I loved Conference. We got to see it in English, which was really nice. I love hearing those warm voices of the apostals and prophets that I grew up listening to. My favorite talks that really stood out to me were Elder Packer´s talk to the youth and Elder Christoffrisen´s (i dont know how to spell that one). Especially Elder Crist.´s talk really helped my understanding of my role as a missionary grow. When I first got out here on my mission, it was weird for me to call people to repentance, but as I have grown in my love for the people here, it comes more and more easy to do it.  Helping people repent is truely an expression of love.
 
The cool thing about my mission, is that I can feel it changing my life. I can feel my life after my mission changing and developing even though that life is still almost 2 years away. I love my mission, it means everything to me. I learn so much every day, and I love just helping people change. Right now we are fighting so hard to get a baptism. We have so many good people who we are working wigh, but its disappointing when we have to push their baptisms back because they do not keep commitments. But everybody´s got their agencey.
 
Anyways, Back to work! Thank you for your prayres and support. Missionaries need it!
 
Untill next week,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment