Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in Uruguay


the temple here in montevideo

Me with my new companion in the missionhouse.

Us with our nice christmas tree :) ¡FELIZ NAVIDAD!




Merry Christmas!

I hope everybody´s christmas went as great as mine did! It was so nice to be able to see and help the people here remember Christ´s birth and life yesterday. Also, it was so awesome and unreal to be able to skype my family. Thanks for the new ties!

This week was really good. My new 'oro' is named Elder Whiting. He is awesome. He is from Idaho, and has a lot of the Idaho personality. He is super humble and I am super excited to be able to work with him. This is his 2nd try on the mision, about a year ago he was called to this mission, but in the MTC had to go back home. but he changed some things around,and decided to come back on out! He is 20. I love him so much,and it feels so good to have a good, normal companion who had his heart in the mission. We will have lots of good sucess together. 

So, christmas here is pretty much like the 4th of July in the US, but on mega sterroids. They just get all together as families and friends, barbeque, and at midnight they pretty much just blow up the world! it was the crazyest experience i have ever had on midnight christmas eve when they all let off their fireworks! We were trying tosleep, but literally it sounded like Pearl Harbor was happening above our house. It was so awesome to see. 

I love Uruguay, it is so awesome. Oh, and yesterday I ate about half of a barbequed lamb. It was way good :) I love the mission and i hope it never ends. 

Enjoy the cold weather, and feel free to send some my way if you want. 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment