Tuesday, December 6, 2011

hardest week yet

me+ my new/old companion Elder Rodriguez+ cristian (baptim)+ cristian´s cousin (who we are teaching now)+ and Hno. Silvetti (who did the baptism)

the young men of the ward. We play futbol on Pdays. They are awesome people.




Bueno, this week has by far been the craziest week I've ever had! First of all the important stuff. Cristian Torrez got baptized! he is 23 years old, and we found him through his mom. We were teaching his mom (who was not progressing) and we were about to drop teaching her. Before he had always gone into the other room, but one day I dont know what happened to him, but he came in to eat something, I said ¨cristian, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and get baptized?¨ and well, he got baptized! And he got the priesthood on sunday, which was awesome to watch. I love being able to see the converts get baptized. 

ok, now onto the less important, but maybe a little more interesting things... this has been the hardest week on my mission too. On tuesday I went into the mision home bright and early and got my 'oro', my new companion. His name is Elder Rodriuez de Hondures, he is 25 years old, and I love him soooooo much... but the problem is that he doesnt love the mission so much... we have been working together really close with President DaSilva and the assistants, and He is going home today in a couple hours. I learned a ton this week, working, crying, and trying to help him, and it is really really sad to me to see him making the disision to give up and go home.. really sad because I love him. ha, maybe it was for a reason that president assigned him to serve here right next to the airport. haha its been an interesting experience as a trainer :)  

so, in a couple hours I will get what is called a 'corto plazo' which means short time. And what will happen is a 17 year old priest from here in Uruguay has been called to be my companion for the next 6 weeks of the transfer. I am really excited to meet him in a couple of hours, and we are going to keep on baptizing every week here in Areoparque.

more details to follow on this next week. 

I love everyone! pray for me, and especially the investigators! And my new companion.

Elder Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment