Monday, December 12, 2011

The New Companion Polka, and ants that eat all of Covey's chocolate cake

A few of the african-style ants that I was talking about. I accidently left out a piece of chocolate cake on the counter, and they ate the whole thing! So im pretty upset with them right now.

A little bit of Uruguayan landscape. This is what almost all of my area is like.

My new companion Angelo Rodrigues

Bueno, this week started out really crazy for me, but now things are all settled down. My old companion Elder Rodrigues did not leave untill thursday in the night, so for 5 days this week we had to arrainge a priest from the ward to be my companinon, and my 'corto plazo' stayed wiht my companion in the house. Then, tuesday morning, President Arnold called me in the house (the area president, the one who gave that awesome talk a couple years ago in General Conference) and explained to me his game plan to try and keep my companion in the mission. It all started with a spiritual whitewash in the temple. On tuesday we went to the temple and spent 7 hours doing about everything that is possible to do in the temple. It was so amazing to be able to spend a ton of time in the temple. then me and my´'corto plazo' went back to the area and worked the whole rest of the day, and myu companion stayed in the temple for another 7 hours. On wednesday, he had an interview with president Arnold, the temple president, and president dasilva (three spiritual powerhouses), but despite all of our best efforts, he still sadly decided to use his agency and go home :( It was really sad to see him leave, but there is nothing I could do.
 
My corto plazo is awesome. He is a 16 year old priest from a city call 33 about 2 hours from here. He has such an awesome testimony, and a ton of energy and animo. Its lots of fun to work with a youth like him. He's got so much energy! We come home, both exhasted from the days work, physically and spiritually, and I stay tired till bed time, but he recoveres in about 5 minuits, and then starts jumping around, and just being a 16 year old youth. its way fun, and we are working hard and have lots of animo (I honestly dont know what the english definition of animo means, but ask a spanish speaker).
 
We are working hard, and having lots of sucess here.
 
I love you all, keep my investigators in your prayres!
 
Elder Wilson


No comments:

Post a Comment