Monday, April 16, 2012

life in Las Piedras

The nice american breakfast that me and my companion made to celabrate me leaving areoparque. We had lovely pancakes with maple syrup (thanks to granda and grandpa), fried eggs and bacon (which is twice as good here in Uruguay)

A view from the front balcony of our appartment.




Hey hows it going! One week here in Las Piedras and I love it here. The people and dogs in this area are really awesome people. Last sunday we had the fast and testimony meeting (their area about 50 members that show up every week), and I decided to give my testimony to introduce myself, and I really feel that we will recieve a ton of support from the ward. 

In our area, we have four investigators with a baptismal date, three young men and a young woman, who will be awesome converts, especialy because the wards here are always looking for youth. We are really excited for these baptisms. But we really are in the search for new investigaators right now... when I agot here there was not one single progressing investigator to work with, but we are really starting to see the changes. 

The zone Las Piedras is in a really tough spot right now. Last change there were a lot of problems, and about 1/3 of the zone was whitewashed this change. There is a ton of potential in this zone, and I am really excited to be able to work my head off to be able to help make these changes come to pass. Although the change comes at the level of each area individually, being a Zone leader means that I just need to help guide the elders and inspire them to acconplish all that the lord expects of uss. Its stressful but a lot of fun. And stress is good. the lord works through stress. I cant even imaging just how stressed guys like moses and moroni were!

This thursday we had interviews with the president. He came here to the zone. It was the last time for me to be interviewed by him before he and Hermana DaSilva go home. He is such an awesome man, and he is one of the people that I have met in my life that I will always remember. And the Hermana also. 

Anyways, thank you everybody for your support. Pray for the zone and for my investigators! 

alma 26: (I can't remember the verse but its in the middle of the chapter and has to do with repentance faith etc leading to millions of people to repentance) is my scripture of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment