Monday, April 9, 2012

new area and new companion

So here I am in my new area Obelisco 1 in the city of Las Piedras. So
far I am really impressed with the area. The members are really good,
you can really tell that a lot of good missionaries have been here
before me, and I am just building over their work. The leaders of the
ward really have a lot of conficence in us and what we can do. But
also, the Ward is not super converted to baptism, they have a little
bit of fear about it, I think it is because they have a little bit of
fear about the retention (there have been some recent convert
retention problems here in the past). But i am really excited to be
here and be able to change things around and wake up the ward a little
bit to the importance of the Missionary work. We will baptize here
every week.

Also, it is the best area in the mission as far as the physical part.
It is all close together so you dont have to waste time in
transportation, it has every shop you need, the church is an awesome 3
story building, the food is great, and it has the best house in the
mission. A third story apartment with two balconies ( the missionaries
blasphemously call it the celestial kingdom).

My companion is Elder Vera of Peru, and is a really cool companion. He
has 21 months in his mission, and just last change he was made a Zone
Leader, so we are learning together how we area going to lead the zone
and change the area. He is a convert of 12 years and is the only
member in his family. His special talent is his ablility to teach.

My zone is really big with 22 elders and 4 sisters, and it is an
amazing zone. There is a lot of stuff that we are going to have to do
to help bring sucess here, because there have been some real
problems.. for example, recently the zone has been having real
problems baptizing and retaining, but thats why I`m here! I know that
the Lord put me here for a reason, and me and Elder Vera are going to
do our all to improve the level of sucess here, and it all starts in
our own area.

Well, gotta go, thank you all for your prayers, and support.
Keep me in your prayers!
Elder Wilson.

PS the letters came! (all 22 of them :))

No comments:

Post a Comment