Monday, April 2, 2012

General Conference, missionary style

Milagros, Jessica(her sister,) Her mom (in the yellow) and her aunt (with the baby)

 Us with milagros

View from the Office missionaries house/mansion

another view from the awesome house



First things first, Milagros got baptized! She is this awesome girl that was coming to church with her aunt, and we taught her and baptized her. She is really an awesome convert, although she isnt super old, she is really really smart about the things of the gospel. She already memorized a few of the articles of faith, and really understands the importance of the gospel. The baptismal service went good, but the only thig was that the water heater was broken, and the poor girl had to get baptized in freezing water! But she took it like a champ and got baptized anyways. 

This weekend was aweosme, We spent it in Malvin (the stake center) and we were able to see General Conference. I love general conference so much, For a missionary it really is one of the most exciting things that there is. More exciting than Christmas ha. I absolutely love the spirit that you can feel in conference, and espicially the direct and specific revelation that you recieve in each talk. So many things to apply to the area and the mission and the life. 

After priesthood session ended (at 11 our time) President Da Silva took me by the sholder and told me that he needed to talk to me. My first reaction was OH no what did I do... But he pulled me aside and told me that I am going to recieve the assignment next change to be a Zone Leader! Tomorrow I am moving to lead the Las Piedras zone! I am super excited to take up the responsibility, and I know that i will have to be really humble and even more converted to the mission in able to do all that the lord wants from me. I was really suprised because I am still a young elder in the mission, but I am sure that the lord will qualify me for the work. 

I love Areoparque so much, and feel sad to have to leave the people I love so much, but I am sure that if I work hard I will love Las Piedras even more. 

oh, and to anyone who has written me a letter in the last 3 ish monthes, sorry but there is a little problem with the mission mail, and I haven't gotten them. So, sorry, but I will respond ASAP.

I love the mission, and thanks for your prayres. Next week, more details on my new area and zone. 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment