Tuesday, April 24, 2012

winter sets in (and pics of the city)

A nice view of my area. There you can see the nice Uruguayan flag, our chaple (the one with the steeple) And in the backgound,  the catholic church. The chaples of our church are always the best in the whole city, and are always situated in really awesome places. 

Me and my companion Elder Vera on the Obelisco (hence the name of our aera Obelisco 1)

The main excitement here in las Piedras are the horse races that they always do every wednesday and thursday. It s a big deal, and they go on all day. The Hipodromo is right in the middle of our area, so lots of times we are walking by when they start. 




Hows it going! This was a really good week for us. for example, one day we were clapping doors, and we found this investigador de oro named Hector. He has been to a lot of other churches, and for good reason was generally fed up with all of the falseness of the popular churches here in uruguay, but we have been teaching him a lot, and he really is progressing super quickly. he went to church this weekend and will get baptized on the 4th of may. he is a miracle investigator, and will be the first of many to get baptized here in this area in a looong time. 

¡Hace Frio! the cold winter is starting to head in and it is starting to get waaay  cold. but I like the cold a lot better than the heat here. Its hard to imagine that it is starting to warm up .. I still have a hard time remembering that the seasons are swiched up for me. 

I love the mission so much and appreciate all your prayres. I love being able to devote all my time and energy to the work, and it is so nice to feel that the Lord is using me to bring his work to pass... sorry if none of this makes sense, my english is not coming out well today. 

till next week,

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment