Tuesday, November 13, 2012




First things first, Jorge and Iara got baptized! They are the Rodriguez family that I have been talking so much about. In the picture they are all there, including the grandparents. The family all got baptized 20 years ago, but then went inactive. But a couple weeks ago we found them just knocking doors, and, well, now all of the family is active, and even the grandparents are active now. One of the scriptures that I love is D&C 15:6. It is true. my mission means everything to me. It is the thing that is of the greatest worth.

I love working with families. It is the most satisfying work.

This week I found a quote by David O McKay (my personal favorite modern day prophet to study) that goes something like this "The greatest calling in the church is the one in which you can give the greatest service." 

We are all really excited for the annoucment about lowering the mission age. This week in a conference with president Armstrong he told us that before the church offices recieved 1200 missionary applications a week, now they recieve 4000 a week. and 50% Sisters. In our mission we have 185 missionaries, but they tell us to expect 250 within a couple monthes. This is amazing. It is just what the chruch needs to blow up in explosion. 

Anways, please pray for me and my companion to find the people to recieve the gospel. recently our companionship liahona has been going pretty well, but the missionary work pretty much is finding people to teach. 

I am really excited too because tomorrow for the first time in almost a whole year I we are going to the temple!!!!!!!!! I am really excited to be able to feel that sweet and specific instructions from the Lord there inside. 

Anyways, thanks for everything! 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment