Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!! we completely forgot untill 10:25 in the night, 5 minutes before lights out, so we had a rushed little celebration. Luckily I had a little chunck of chicken that I had made last week that we shared real quick. Its the closest we had to turkey. But the best part about Thanksgiving is that it means that we can now sing the christmas hymns in lessons and studies. I love singing, and have really seen it change that hearts of lots of investigadors, we always sing a hymn to start off lessons and companion study, and in the shower, and in the street. so, we get lots of singing done. I especially love to sing the christmas songs. Honestly, they are better in spanish than english, the lyrics are better in my opinion. But thats OK because some of the other hymns have better lyrics in english than spanish. 

Right now we have LOTS of great investigadors. the most amazing ones are Miriam and Marcet. They are an older couple (He has 69 years of age!, the oldest ones Ive ever taught) and she all her life has been a HARD CORE evangelist. But the Lord has prepared them so perfectly to recieve us. It is amazing just how naturally they are accepting the truiths of the Restored Gospel. She says that we are filling a hole in her heart that she didnt even know existed. Ha, also they try to grandparent us a little. Yesterday we went after church to teach them, and they would not let us escape undill they had forced about 20 grilled cheese sandwiches, a whole pizza, and two bowls of ice cream down our throats :) It was a struggle because we had another lesson to get to, and we are on a diet, so that was funny. Oh, also, our bishopric thinks that he looks exactly like President Benson haha. 

So, today I have 18 months as a full time missionary. On saturday I got what they call the "trunky call" when they call you and ask what airport you are going to and everything. And the worst part is that my ORO Elder Whiting is the mission secretary, and he called me, my own son, to plan the end of my mission. But like I said last week, I still see HUGE mountians of work to climb that are laying ahead of me. 

I am happy and healthy. and hungry. I am greatful for the trust that the Lord has placed in me in being able to help out with the most important work that ever has or will exist. 

Elder Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment