Monday, June 20, 2011

2nd Handwritten Letter from Covey

Family!

This is my second letter I am sending you, and my third Sunday in the CCM (centro de capacion missional). It is weird, but I am already having a hard time remembering how to spell in English, and it takes me a while to remember what words are right. The other day one Elder in my district asked me what my first name is, and it took me a few seconds to remember. I just never think about it anymore.

Sundays in the CCM are the best. We have 3 hours of church in the morning (But I guess we actually have 24 hours of church for 7 days a week for 104 weeks). But then we have a couple hours of personal study, which is the best part of any day, to be able to study the scriptures. Then lunch, then we get an hour of "preperacion personal" which I am in now, to just do whatever we need to. Some Elders nap, or read or write. Then we have a few hours of class, which is always really interesting and good. Then the best part is that we get to watch a missionary fireside. These are just re-broadcasted re-runs from the Provo MTC. I have seen one from Pres. Oaks and Ballard so far. They are sooo good because they do not hold back at all, or sugar coat their message, or worry about going into too much detail. I can't wait to hear the one tonight. Last Monday was an awesome experience. Elder Arnold from the Quorum of the 70 (the one who has given a few General Conference talks) came here and gave a fireside. It was so amazing.

I wish I had more time to fully explain everything here and in full detail, but I really don't, and especially during email time. Sorry my emails are so rushed. I love getting your emails, it really seems to be mail from home that keeps some of the Elders here going.

Love you and miss you all,

Elder Wilson

P.S. These letters I send home are for whoever wants to read them, but it would be nice if you could save them somewhere so I can refer  back to them after my mission.

PPS. Whenever you send me something in the mail, I need to get some American postage stamps, or else I won't be able ot keep on sending mail!

PPPS. I need a list of birthdays for everyone (new sibs, fam, extended fam, etc.) just so I don't forget.

PPPPS. I would like pictures form everybody, just so I don't forget what you look like, and because the Latinos are way interested in how my friends and family look.

Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment