Thursday, June 2, 2011

The first week - the gift of tounges (Its not what you think)

Hey everybody,

Made it through my first week in the CCM (MTC)here in argentina. Sorry my last email home was so short and probably incoherant, but I only had a couple minuits to send off a quick message. So far my experience has been so interesting. Let me start by explaning the title of my email. it has to do with the food we get to eat here, which is waaayyy better than I expected, and much better than the food at the provo MTC. For breakfast we have a choice of cerials, fruit, and this hot drink called Malta, which is some sort of a barley-based drink. Also, for some reason, the only dissert we ever have is served with breakfast. Also for every meal there is a ton of fruit avalible, so I have problbly had more fruit in this one week than I had in the last year. But it is delicious. Lunch is the biggest meal of the day here, and is always very good, with a delicious entree and a salad bar that is nothing like the salad bars we have in the US. Dinner is way good also, but I want to explain my title first. One day we were heading down to dinner and we passed a cople latinos who had already eaten, and asked them what was for dinner. the said ¡el don del lingua tora!, which means the gift of cow tongues. we were pretty confused, but they meant that for dinner we were having cow toungue. Luckily I didnt know that till after I had eaten it so I was able to enjoy it. Also we have had boiled cow stomach and cow head soup. in the cow head soup i got a nice eye ball and a massive tooth. but over all the food here is very delicious.

My comp is Elder McLucky, straitgt out of Oxford England, and I love him a lot. We work together well, and are able to feel the spirit every day together as we struggle to learn to teach the gospel in spanish. The total number of people her is about 60, with only about 20 non-latinos. It is so much fun to live with all latinos every day. They are becoming my best friends, and I think that they so awesome.

Well, I wish I could explain more about the MTC, but i only have 10 minuits do do emails. I wanted to share one experience that I had yerterday. We were practicing teachiing in spanish, and me and my comp were teaching about God and the plan of Salvation. For the first time ever, as I was teaching and beawring my tesitmony, I was able to feel the spirit work through me in spanish. I was able to talk fluid for 2 straigt minuits in spanish about the plan of salvation, and I truely felt like it was not me speaking, because there is no way that I could talk that well on my own. That experience was such a confidence booster and a relief that I will be able to be an effective missionary and will be able to be comfortable in spanish.

Well I dont really have time to say everything i want, but I miss everybody and am having such a good time. sorry if this email isnt well writen, but i am so rushed for time. My adress here is:

Elder Covey Wilson
Uruguay Montevideo Mission
Argentina Missionary Training Center
Autopista Ricchierig Puente 13 1778 Ciudad Evita
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Mail takes 2 weeks to get down here. Also, I forgot to bring my adress book, so if you want me to write you, yuo have to write me first and tell me your adress.
Thanks Everyone!

Elder Wilosn

1 comment:

  1. Elder McLucky is the BEST NAME EVER!

    And I'm glad Covey is doing well.

    ReplyDelete