Monday, October 1, 2012

a storm, a drawing, and a new email address


*** attention all those who write me! urumontemission@gmail.com is an email of the mission where you can write me and they print it off. So, if you dont want to write the oldschool way, you can email me... but remember that a hand written letter is always the  best.

 
 
My desk. This is where I spend a few hours each day. Its really puney, but its a nice desk. Those post it notes are quots from the scriptures and the prophets that are really good.
 

A picture that I drew this one pday when I didnt have anything else to do.
 
So, this week has been a really good week for us. Even though most of our investigators are having a hard time progressing, we kept on working hard, knowing that if we do our part, the Lord would do his. And, like every time, the Lord pulled through and sent us 2 new investigators to chruch on sunday who just showed up on their own. :)
 
It has been really good to be able to see the progress of Edison, who got baptized a month ago, and is now more active that anyone else in the ward. He really is a one in a misson type of convert. Yesterday we went out to work with him and just pretty much let him bear his testimony and let the Spirit touch the hearts of the people. It helped me remember just how unimportant our words are if we do not say them with our hearts... that remindes me of an awesome Mormon message that is of the talk by Elder Holland about playing within the lines. Everyone should watch it.
 
Oh, also, this week on wednesday there was a super strong storm that blew through here and pretty much tore up the whole country. President told us all to stay in the house for the day to be safe, but then the next day when we went out all of the roofs were gone or broken, and a ton of trees had fallen down and everything. It was a cool experience to see all of that, and to spend a ton of time doing service to help the people rebuild.
 
This week I have been thinking a lot about the counels of Alma to his son Coriantón, when he counsels him to allow his sins to sorrow him enough to repent of them, and not to try to cover them up or excuse them. It is really easy to excuse a sin in the mind, so I will be working harder to feel Godly sorrow for my problems, even if they are not big things, and change them.
 
Anyways, I am happy and healthy. Thanks for everything. 
 
Elder Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment