Wednesday, October 10, 2012

weekly letter


foto - Thanks for the package! it is awesome... I was really tired when I took the picture, so I look half asleep.. The tie I am wearing is the one I wear every P'day. It was given to me by an investigator who died about 3 days before her baptism, so its my special tie. 



I am so excited right now! This has been an excelent week. General Conference is one of the favorite times on the mission for me. It is pure proof that the churhch of Jusus Crist of Latter day Saints is the only true churhc on the face of the earth. If every single person in the world watched it, they would all be members. Who could possibly not feel the spirit when President Holland or Oaks talks... For me at least every time one of the apostols talked the spirit burned into my heart a testimony that they really are Holy Apostles of the lord. The ´do you love me´ talk by president Holland is especially special to me because on my first dayof the mission we saw it. He had given the same talk in the MTC in provo. And then I got it on a dvd and have watched it every single p'day of my mission. Also, the talk by elder Oaks really touched me... well i think everyone. 

Also I was able to fully enjoy conference becaused we had 4 investigators that went and absolutely loved it. They all went to the sunday morning session (which in my opinion was the best one of them all), and all came out wanting to get baptized and stop smoking and get married and everything. That is a pure testimony of the power of the spirit to conversion. 

Also we are all very excited by the announcement of the change in mission age. The work of the Lord NEEDS more reenforcements... In our mission for example less missionaries have been coming each month, and we have had to close a few areas. So everyone is super excited... it will be interesting to see how this changes Mormon Culture. 

Pleased pray for Gabriela who is going to be baptized this week, but needs to stay firm in her not smoking. 

Thank you all for your examples and support. 

Remember that the worth of souls is great in the sight of the lord... even though the soal of my shoe is pretty much flapping around like an Uruguayan roof in a wind storm. 

...oh, also, we had interviews witht he presisdent this week that was really good. I love my president, and know that he has been called of god to serve here. He has got the mission going strong. 

Elder wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment