Monday, October 29, 2012

Impactful

This week was one of the most impactive weeks of my mission. So, on
Saturday we hade the conference with Elder Oaks of the 12, Elder
Hallstrom of the presidencey of the 70, Elder Viñas of the 70, and
Elder Chapes of the 70. Elder Oaks and Elder Hallstrom have always
been my heros, so I was sooooo happy to be able to pass a couple hours
with them, shake their hands and ask them questions and everything. It
was such a powerful experience.

Elder Hallstrom spoke about the way to benefit the most possible out
of the meetings in the chruch, and how to make a Real Growth in the
church. He is such a pwoerful person, and an example to me. His words
"the lord wants converts, not baptisms. He is displeased when a
missionary baptizes his unconverted children" burned deep into my
heart. This is a great and humbling lesson that I am excited to preach
to the investigadors and the missionarys in my zone.

Elder Oaks spoke mainly about Repentance, and not in the way that we
as missionaries need to repent, but more about the importance of
helping the investigadors repent."I want all your investigadors to
know that being a member of this chruch is not an easy thing". He
talked about the importance preaching change to the investigadors.
This is the way to have a good retención. And he spoke about the
importance of the Sacrament meeting, and having people come to it. He
told us that the hardest thing about being a General Authority is that
they cant take the sacrament every week because they are always going
to Stake Conferences, but that the ordanance was so important that the
prophet commands them to get together once a month in the salt lake
templet to take it together. So, he said the the most holy ordinance
that takes place in the Salt Lake temple is the Sacrament. That taught
me a really great lesson about the way that I need to teach of the
holy importance of the sacrament to my investigadors... well it really
was a conference that changed my life.

Also, this week one of the most miraculous things that we are seeing
is the Rodriguez family. We had been preying and fasting a lot to be
able to find a whole family to convert. parents and children. On
tuesday we felt the impression to go and contact a certian street that
we never go to because it is really dangerous and just knock doors. We
were naturally a little hesitant to do it, because, well its scarey
over there and it didnt seem very smart to just go without a specific
house to get into. But in my mission I have decided to take
impressions of the spirit seriously, so we went, not wanting to be
there long, and picked a door in the middle of the street, knocked it,
and following the 300 pound guard dog, out came a man, who just looked
at us and said, Come in. So.. we did. we went in and sat down and out
came the wife and the 5 children to listen to us, and turns out that
the parents are actually members who have been inactive for 20 years,
and the only thing that they remember of the church is that its true,
but the kids arnt, but now all of them are eather coming back to the
church or going to get baptized. It is one of the most
prepared-by-the-lord finding experiences that I have ever had. They
all came as dressed up as they can to church on sunday and everything.
I am proud to say that I am helping a whole family recieve a
conversion in the gospel. Like i said before, I love working with
inactive members and part-families.

Also, change calls came. I stay with my companion for a third change!!
and the other elders that live with us all stey too. I am really
excited, because their are a ton of things left over to do here in the
area still.

But, I am really happy and everything.

Pray for us to keep finding families like the family Rodriguez to
teach and convert.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment