Monday, February 18, 2013

Feb 4



The baptism of Alexandra and Tomas with her huzband who did the baptism.

First things first, We had baptisms!! Tomas, Alexandra, and Patricio all got baptized this weekend, plus Myrian who I was teaching in my last area. I love baptisms so much. 

Tomas and alexandra are part of an incomplete family. William (the huzband) has been a member since really young, but inactive for all his life, but like a year ago the missionaries found them again and since then they have been fighting to get all of their problems worked out, get married, and finally baptized. For me it is a privelidge to be the Missonary that was able to see them all dressed down in white to get baptized, but the "credit" for their baptism and conversion cannot go to any missionary, it was 100% the spirit that converted them. 

Patricio is a 11 year old who is amazing! after his baptism he even got up to give his testimony about how he felt and everything... it went kinda like this "so... when I got baptized I felt all my sins get relieved out of me, and now I am a member of this chruch to stey and go on a mission like elder Wilson and Vera. Amen". ha it was a cool moment. In the picture you can see all of his family members. His parents are doing great on thier own path to conversion. They need to get married first, which sometimes takes awile, but they are awesome and love our lessons and going to church and everything. 

also, myrian, from Belloni my last area, we had dropped her because of some problems she had not wanting to progress. It was really sad for me. she is one of the only investigadors that i havd cried for when we dropped her... but appairantly she called the missionaries there this week, and said that she wanted to get baptized! miricle. I am super happy for her and thankful to the lord for answering her prayres and mine too. 

Every time the person who is doing the baptism says the words "having been commissioned by Jesus Christ" the spirit always comes down (like a little dove) and testifies that baptism is the door to salvation. That is why I love baptismal services so much. The parents of Patricio were both crying they felt it so much. I really have grown to understand better the role of the Holy Spirit of the Promise. There is no better feeling than knowing that my actions and covenants are pleasing to the Lord, and love to feel him saying "well done, my good and faithful servant". I have learned to recognize this spirit and look for it in my work, and it really has helped me keep on progressing in my work. 

oh, also I am 21 now... nothing really exciting happened on my birthday at all. haha I completely forgot it was my birthday till noon. haha so I sung myself a little birthday song, and that was the extent of my celebration. 

I love my mission, it means everything to me. 

Elder Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment