Sunday, February 3, 2013

Merry Christmas (and happy new year)

Merry Christmas!!! It was an amazing christmas for us here. Let me give you the run-down. On the 24th we went out to work like normal all day, but at 8.00 we had permision to go to a Members house and have dinner with them untill 10.30. We went to this member named Gustavo Castro, who is amazing, and had an amazing turkey dinner with all of the four elders in my house. Then we went home and it was soooo hot that day. In our house it was 105 degrees 95% humidity, so like usual, we threw out our matresses under the stars and slept... or at least tried to. So, like I explained last year, christmas here is more like a reenactment of pearl Harbor, or like the 4th of july on sterroids. At midnight the whole world is blown to peaces by fireworks. we got up onto our roof to see them all go off, and it really was one of the greatest experiences in my life. 

Then the next day, christmas day, we got up normal and opened our christmas packages. Thanks so much for the package that my family sent me! it was amazing, and had everything that I could have needed or wanted. Then we had district meeting in the morning and then had christmas lunch with a member family. we had pig. all of it (see attached picture), then went to a members house to use their skype to call the family. 

I loved being able to call my family, it was so great to see all them. Haha actually it was a little weird to try and think of the things that I wanted to say and everything, but I enjoyed every moment of it. Its funny to see just how much all of my younger siblings are just changing right on up (that includes mckay, emma hanna carley, nick and adyline). 

Anyways, I am doing great and working really hard to help the people I love to recieve the Gospel. Prey for them! its hard to recieve the Gospel, but I have such a great testimony that the Lord is very powerful to change and prepare people to recieve it. 

I love you all!!! And a happy new year. 

Elder Wilson

 before and after shoes. Thanks for the new ones!

Merry christmas! and a yummy head to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment