Sunday, February 3, 2013




First things first:

FLABIA GOT BAPTIZED!!! It is the biggest miricle baptism that I have ever experienced in my whole mission. Her whole family got baptized about 8 monthes ago, but she was not able to participate, and since that time and 2 years before when the missionaries first found the family, she has been the work of every missionary that has passed through this area, but she never progressed at all. We have been working with her a ton to try and help her get over what was stopping her to get baptized super hard, but it looked like there was not any progress, untill last monday when we went to her house to have a lesson with her, and she just said, "ok, its my time, I was preying and saw in my mind Elder Wilson promising me in the pre-mortal life that he would baptize me, so I know to do now." It was my first and last time getting my white pants wet, but a really spiritual experience for everyone that went. Her huzband and kids are all really happy. 

... and she chose the right time to have me baptize her, because tomorrow I am leaving the area! After 6 monthes here it is going to be really hard to leave, I have some super excelent converts here and great relationships with the members and ward and stake leaders. But I just will go and do the same thing in my new area.
I am going to Barrio 13 (Montevideo 13th ward). I will be a Zone Leader there too, which is a suprise for me because Ive been a Zone Leader for over a year now! I´m the longest running Zone Leader that has passed trought the mission, but Im excited to keep developing and using my leadership skills. And Barrio 13 is an excelent ward. All the misionaries call it the Washach Front ward, because it is the most simmalar to the chruch up in the USA that there is in Uruguay. My new companion is Elder Vera from Spain. I know him pretty well from working with him and going to the MTC with him. We are going to have tons of sucess together. 

Anyways I learned that EVERYTHING is possible for the Lord. "If Flabia can get baptized, ________ is possible too." thats the phrase of the week.

I love you all and thank you for your prayres. 

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment