Sunday, February 3, 2013


So, new area! It is way different from my old one. A big change in scenary. Maroñas was the poorest part of montevideo, and where I am now is one of the more richer parts. I feel like I changed countries because everything is so different. The ward is amazing, almost a little bit unreal for me because everybody comes all dressed up nice with their cars and happy families and everything.. I feel like Im back up in the wasach front again, back in my home ward. Its a big change for me, and its going to take some time getting used to the change in style. 

Our house is amazing. Its got a garage and everything... oh, but one problem... when there are rainstorms (which happen about every other day at this time of year) the roof starts to have problems and the water falls throught the roof like crazy... Its like niagra falls right on top of my companions bed. ha funny for me, not so much for him. 

Elder Vera is excelent. It had been 6 monthes since I had had a latino companion, so its nice to be back with one. He is a convert, is 25 years old and lives in Madrid. He is really focused and serious, which is good.

The area is doing good. Last thursday we were able to go into downtown Montevideo because some of our investigadors are got married, and will get baptized next week, And we had 8 investigadors in church, so that means that there will be some good conversions to come. 

We have a few investigadors who are fully converted to the gospel, but who cannot get baptized because they are living with their "spouse" unmerried, which is really common here. The problem is that it their huzbands dont want to get married to them, even though they have been together for years and have kids and everything, and they are having to make the REALLY hard choice of breaking up their families in order to live the Law of Chastity, or stey together and not recieve the Gospel. Men are so horribly prideful. I have known so many wonderful woman on my mission who are so converted to the gospel and ready to live it, its always the men that make it hard for families to recieve the blessings of the Gospel. 

So prey for them! 

I am happy and really excited to work my self to death here in what could be my last area in the mission. 

I hope everyone is doing good, and know that Im thinking about you.. well mondays from 10-6:00 at least.

Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment